FDW Grant

Foreign Domestic Worker Grant

Do you know that there is a grant to help lower the cost of hiring a foreign domestic worker (FDW) to care for loved ones with at least moderate disability?

We recently came across a client who brought to our attention the existence of such a grant.  We have many clients who hire a FDW to care for their loved ones with disability.  This grant should come in handy for them and we would like to spread the word on this.

The Foreign Domestic Worker (FDW) Grant is a monthly grant of $120 to support families who need to hire an FDW to care for their loved ones with at least moderate disability.  Note that this is in addition to the Levy Concession for Persons With Disabilities Scheme. Once the grant is approved, what this means is that the employer will effectively be paying zero levy.

FDW Grant

The grant is administered by the Agency for Integrated Care (AIC – www.aic.sg). To be eligible, the following conditions must be met:

1) Citizenship

Care recipient is a Singapore Citizen


If care recipient is a Permanent Resident, he/she must be 65 years old and above, and FDW employer must be a Singapore Citizen

2) Relationship with care recipient

You must be a family member, and must live together with the care recipient at the same NRIC-registered address

3) Medical assessment

The care recipient must have at least moderate disabilities, as assessed by a Singapore-registered doctor.  He/ she is likely to require permanent assistance in performing at least 3 activities of daily living.

4) Household income

Your household monthly income per person must be $2,600 and less. If your household has no income, the Annual Value of your property must be less than $13,000.

5) Caregivers’ training

Your FDW is required to attend the relevant caregivers’ training courses approved by AIC.

This grant will be helpful for many as Singapore’s population ages.


For more information on:

  1. Foreign Domestic Worker Grant – http://www.aic.sg/FDWGrant/
  2. Levy for Hiring Foreign Domestic Worker – http://www.mom.gov.sg/foreign-manpower/passes-visas/work-permit-fdw/before-you-apply/Pages/default.aspx#levy